Monday, September 3, 2012

New Project time

Well clearly I have the bug as not even a couple of months since finishing Bad Sushi I have the urge to build another bike.

Well I have always been a well organised person so on buying an 87 GSXR750 I decided I would street fighter it and turn it in to a 7/11. For the infants reading this a 7/11 is a GSXR 750 with an 1100 motor stuffed in it. These were pretty popular in the 90's but a much harder to find now.

So I have the GSXR 750, next I scored a GSXR1100 for $1000, from this I only want the swingarm, rear shock, brakes and wheel and maybe the front end.
Next I found a 1200 Bandit that I bought for $1500, I only bought that for the motor but it came with a lot of extras that I can use as well.

The next step was to pull apart the 1100 for the swingarm and front end which I did last week. I also pulled the motor out of the Bandit Wednesday night so all I need to do now is strart pulling the 750 apart.

I hear you saying, hang on, you said 7/11 but the Bandit is a 1200, well the 1200 motor is actually just under 1200cc and it has more touque than the 1100 so will be more fun to ride.

1987 GSXR750



GSXR1100 for parts 





Swingarm


1200 Bandit and extra parts


Looks like a swap meet


Not wasting time, it has been at home for about an hour


Looks like a bicycle now, still need to remove the front end


The bit I actually wanted


No comments:

Post a Comment