Sunday, May 27, 2012

So today I spend most of the day in the garage working on Bad Sushi but I feel a little let down by the fact I dont have a lot to show for my efforts. I spent about 6 hours out there spraying clear coats of the now complete front fender, giving some new life to the front wheel and triple clamps.
I guess I really want to be putting it all back together rather than polishing bolts and painting parts.


Below 30 odd years of corrosion of the rotor bolts (after and before)
incase anyone cares I used a rubberised abrasive wheel followed by a mop, both on my bench grinder


(Before) Front wheel


(after) Front wheel


(Before) upper triple clamp


(After) upper triple clamp (including polished bolts)


Lower triple clamp


I giess the next beautification jobs are, Rear Wheel and Headers (have ordered exhaust wrap buy my local auto shop is dragging their feet getting it in)

until next time


No comments:

Post a Comment