Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I wonder what Macgyver would have done?

2 hours to fit and secure the engine mounts !!!!! What manner of hell did I get myself in to?

The other day a friend came over to help my pop the motor in to the frame, while he was there I got his help to put in the rear bottom motor mount just so I had a start for the rest of them.
Well today I decided that would be the first task but was met with resistance from the frame, nothing was lining up and I was getting frustrated.

I phoned a good mate that is a mechanic and he suggested a couple of things but sadly they didn't work.
What appeared be be necessary was the lifting of the frame a little but by hand wasn't working.
I though that if I used a pulley system I might be able to get the frame to come up but I didnt have any of that handy so I did the next best thing.

I jacked the whole thing up high and secured tie down to the frame and to the truss of the garage roof, I then very slowly lowered the jack until everything lined up beautifully.

The next two hours where spent getting the rear swing arm and suspension in, would have thought that would take 30 minutes but somehow 2 hours went by.

It's kind of scary but the whole thing is coming together ok and it shouldn't be too long before she is going again.



Hover bike


Starting to look like something








Will need to be clever mounting the tank


Cant wait to get the triple clamps on so I can fit the bars and then sit on the bloody thing


Still to come,
Front forks inners need to return from QLD so the forks can be rebuilt.
New rear tyre and wheel bearings.
Fit triple clamps and bars.
Reconnect all electricals
Fit carby with new pod filters.
Fit new indicators
Install digital speedo.
Mount tank
(I am sure there is loads more as well)






No comments:

Post a Comment