Saturday, June 2, 2012

Shit's getting real !

So today was a big day of sorts.
First thing this morning I picked up the frame from the powder coaters and then spent the next couple of hours getting the tank to a coat of etched primer, seriously I will never buy a brand new tank that hasn't been sealed and painted.

After that I had to finish off fixing the wife's Sporty, I fitted an easy pull clutch gizmo inside the primary cover and proceded to fucked up the thread for the clutch cable in the primary cover, that needed a helicoil and some attention from me to finish it all off.
Its done and it runs so we are good again.

Now I am waiting on the fork inners to come back from QLD with a new skin of hard chrome and some bearings which are coming from the UK and some others that are local.

Last night I scored a rear fender from a mate, this was a piece of the puzzle that I was having difficulty finding in the width I need so pretty stocked about that score.

Once everything is here the fun really starts.


Dreaming with rear fender in place


Fresh powder coat


The tank with primer......thank god !



Free rear fender, will prime and paint once it is all sorted for fitting


Powder coated fork lowers



Powder coated swing arm


My wife posing in her Sporty


Bikes hanging out


A random pic of what we think one of our cats gets up to while we are not home.


No comments:

Post a Comment